Sunday my friend Carol Gates asked me if I would like to go with her and Barb Hammer to Canada to walk around Vancouver were the Olympics are being held. Of coarse I wanted to go and we left the next day on Monday early in the morning around 7:30. When I arrived at Carols house I realised that my passport would expire on March 1st. , so I felt pretty lucky that I was able to go. It was a gorgeous day, lots of sunshine and clean crisp air. I took some pictures of the things we saw. There were very long Disneyland like lines everywhere. I think they were even longer than Disneyland. We needed the fast pass, that would have been nice. We did not go in to see anything but we did stand in line to get a Japadog, that is pretty much the highlight of our trip. It is a hot dog with Japanese topping on it. Surprisingly it was pretty good. We also stood in line to go into the store that had the official Olympic pins for Carols nephews who were having a birthday next month. We enjoyed our time together just walking around and taking in the sights and visiting. Doug and I wanted to go and take the boys, but Brendin needs a passport and I need to renew so I think we will go some time when the Olympics are over.
Barb on the left and Carol on the right. Below is the torch, the long lines and a crazy unicycle guy.
On the way to get our Japadog we walked by a Salon window and saw Jenna Bush getting her nails done. I saw her close up so I know it was Jenna. I said to Carol, I think that is Jenna Bush, and she said it is Jenna Bush. I quickly took a picture as we got a little further away as not to make to much of a seen. If I was really bold and rude I could have taken a picture at the front window and had a better picture of her. So silly but I didn't think anyone would believe me so I took a picture.
Barb on the left and Carol on the right. Below is the torch, the long lines and a crazy unicycle guy.






No comments:
Post a Comment