Thursday, February 18, 2010

Old Photos

I was cleaning out my closet and found some old picture. This one is one of my favorites of my brother Jared and I and my mom in the background at Disneyland. I also like this one of Jared. Panning for gold with my grandpa Leavitt, and my dad. Grandpa Leavitt's favorite thing to do was to go up into the mountains and pan for gold. He knew everything there was to know about rocks and had quite a few of them in his garage.

I got this picture off of Jared's web sight. Jared and I and my mom at Newport beach.

My Brother Mark in Utah at uncle Sherm's house.

This is my foster sister Denise who lived with us for 2 school years.


My brother Jared at our Santa Anna house.


My dad took this picture of me, he was practicing his photography. He also had a dark room all of my growing up years were he could develop his pictures. I guess that is were my brothers and I get our love for photography. It was really fascinating to watch the photo paper go from being a blank piece of paper and watch the picture slowly emerge after going from one solution to the other.

My baby picture with the Utah mountains in the background.
My mom with curlers in her hair. You didn't have blow dryers, curling irons
or electric curlers in those days.
My dad holding my cousin Mike Lee, his sister Belliemae's son. It was 1955 and my dad was in the air force.







My Grandma Leavitt's parents William and Mies Nauta. I think Mies was her step mom?
1954. They came to America from Holland.


picture of me that I found awhile ago and photoshoped it.




1 comment:

E said...

Wow- this is so cool, Aunt Denene. I haven't seen many picts of you and Dad when you were younger, especially with Grandma Karen. Thanks for putting these up!