Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Part 2 of Washington DC.

I got this picture from Doug's I phone he took a picture of Mt. Rainer from the plane on our way to DC.

001

Inside the Pentagon.

013

Windy from fox news who put our trip together and Lieutenant Colonel Luke Knittg he is over public affairs in the army who gave us a tour of the pentagon. He was able to show us things that are not usually on a regular tour. Doug took most of the photos with his I phone I didn’t want to bring to much attention to myself with a huge camera.

014

016

the inner court yard

018

020

025

We saw were the plane hit the pentagon and the memorial.

021

Army band.

023

Next was the tour of the Capital.

Capital DC_Panorama1 copy

Our Guide was a beat reporter for Fox news and had a office in the capital building. He was very knowledgeable and could answer any questions you might have about anything that goes on in the Capital and just general American history. He was great and we again got to see things that were not on the regular tour.

Washington DC 009               Washington DC 013

                               Washington DC 015

Washington DC 020

Washington DC 019 copy

we didn’t get to go to the Library of Congress.

Washington DC 021

the roof top inside the visitor center to the capital you can see the capital dome from the glass rooftop.

Washington DC 023 copy

The time we started out tour.

Washington DC 025 copy

some pretty cool statues.

Washington DC 022Washington DC 027Washington DC 029

picture of our group just before we entered for our tour. We were not allowed to take pictures in certain parts of the building so I always had to look to see if we could take pictures.

Washington DC 030

I was just fascinated by this statue. I didn’t take the time to find out to much about it when you are on a tour you have to just hurry up and take a picture and move on. I was always running to catch up with my group.

Washington DC 031 Washington DC 032

Washington DC 034 copy This didn’t turn out very well but it was a very cool wooden carved door. I wish it turned out better it was beautiful to look at.

Speaking of cool doors the Speaker of the house was not in so we were able to go out onto the speakers balcony. What a view.

Washington DC 051 Washington DC 049 copy

Washington DC 037

Washington DC 038 Washington DC 040 copy

Washington DC 041 copy

Washington DC 043 Washington DC 045

Washington DC 046

Washington DC 047

Coming out from the balcony and looking down the hallway. All the architecture is just beautiful.

Washington DC 050 copy

coming into the capital dome it is just spectacular. I wish I could have more time to look around but we were with a group and our tour guide. I had to hurry and snap away. Pictures just don’t do it justice.

Washington DC 055 Washington DC 069

Washington DC 056 copy

Washington DC 057

Washington DC 060

Washington DC 064 copy

Washington DC 066

Washington DC 058

Washington DC 071

part 3 to come later.

No comments: