Monday, December 19, 2011

D.C. trip part 3

I tried to darken the picture were Reagan's name is. His statue is resting on top of a slab from the Berlin wall.

Washington DC 075 copy

another room with a dome. I love those dome ceilings.

Washington DC 078 copy

Washington DC 079

Washington DC 080

Statues representing history and each state. This is were the congress use to hold their meetings.

Washington DC 081 Washington DC 082

Washington DC 083

They had Brigham Young stuck in a corner.

Washington DC 088 Washington DCopy 087

another picture opportunity.

Washington DC 092 copy Washington DC 091

It was almost dark when we left the Capital building.

Washington DC 100

Washington DC 098

I forgot to mention that we got to go to the fox news station and see their news room and meet some of the people there like Bret Baier. The rest of the pictures I took off of Doug’s phone.

028

 

026

you can see the capital building from their window.

027

Fox News girls took us to lunch and I had the best BLT I have ever tasted. Obama and his wife eat there so I am told, so does Oprah Winfrey. Oprah likes the mac and cheese we had a sample of that  and wow was it good.To bad I can’t remember the name of the restaurant.  Later that night we had dinner in the hockey suite and watched the game.

045  048

We walked back to our hotel after the game and then around the white house.

The back of the White House it was walking distance from  our hotel.

055               059

Christmas tree across the street from the White House. There are little decorated trees from each state surrounding the big tree.

062 063

There are all kinds of trains and little villages surrounding the tree and I found our state tree. Seattle Christian Schools’ eighth grade U.S. History students were chosen to design and create the ornaments for Washington state’s tree for the 2011 National Christmas Tree display in President’s Park in Washington, D.C., the National Park .

070    067

No comments: