We went to Fords Theater where Lincoln was shot. I have always heard about this place in history as I grew up but it just seams all the more real when you visit a place like this.
If we had more time we would have gone to see the Christmas Carol that was playing here. There were some cool pictures of Lincoln hanging in the hall way.
I find myself always taking pictures of the ceiling, the ceilings here are just so impressive.
The actual furniture that was in the theater box when Lincoln was hear.
there was a door just behind were Lincoln sat. The next picture is just across the street from Fords Theater where Lincoln was taken just after he was shot. This was the home of the theater owner.
I took this picture of Fords theater on the stairs of the picture above. This was a small street between the two buildings.
Entering the home and to the left doorway is the parlor. I have a couch similar the this one in my family room.
sorry for the blurry pictures.
I photoshoped 2 pictures together to get the feel of the next room. The rooms were really small compared the the rooms we are used too.
there were only 3 rooms they let you tour and this was the last room before we left.
The back door we left into the back alleyway.
the little place we had breakfast just down the road from our hotel. This is where we did our mapping out of the day.
we went to a few museums. I love the old stoves.
original Barbie and Ken doll.
Julia Childs Kitchen. I probably wouldn’t have been that impressed except that I saw the movie Julia and Julia and they mentioned at the end of the movie that her kitchen was in the Smithsonian so it was cool to see because I remember thinking when I saw that movie that I would never get to go to the Smithsonian and that would be cool if I did and there I was standing in front of Julia Childs Kitchen with all her pots and pans.
Dorothy's ruby red slippers from the movie the Wizard of Oz.
The original Muppets.
Charlie Brown drawing.
Cool instruments and some Stradivarius violins. I was thinking of the Wright girls when I saw these I know they would have loved to be standing were I was.
George Washington's original Chair.
Cool life size painting.
Doug and I walking to our next museum. You could see the monument on one side and the capital on the other.
We thought this building was a castle or a church but more like a church to science.
It really was a cool building pictures don’t do it justice. Inside Doug posing in front of a Christmas tree.
down the hall they had a room that well look it is just spectacular and again my photography doesn't do it justice.
This is the hall way before you go into the room above.
There were touches of Christmas decorations everywhere.
The fountains were replaced with Christmas decorations.
Mc. Donald's was inside the flight museum. So we did partake. Cool Mc. Donald's though we ate on the top floor.
The rest of the pictures are out of order but this is the Lincoln memorial.
World war 1 or 2 memorial.
we did a lot of walking that day. On Doug's right is were the reflecting
pool should be but they tore it up and are repaving it.
pictures that I took as we walked around town.
I thought of Brendin when I saw the flag of Brazil.
No comments:
Post a Comment