Monday, February 21, 2011

Our last minutes with Brendin

 

It’s that time. Brendin got up at 4:30 to get ready to leave for his mission. I got up a lot earlier than that to make a last breakfast before he left. He requested orange juice, bacon, French toast with strawberries and whip cream on it. He is showing off his spider man watch. We had a nicer watch but when he put it on it was heavy and uncomfortable. He was so happy to have this watch. I know the clock in the background says it is 7:30 but it is not working. We left the house at 5:15 to get to the airport.

Feb162011_8088 copy1

Brian got up early to have breakfast with us and say goodbye to Brendin but he didn’t want to go to the airport. We all had a wager going if Brian would actually get up. We all bet that he wouldn’t, but he did. Brian has such a hard time getting up in the morning.

Feb162011_8087        Feb162011_8089 copy

This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. See if you can find Brian in this picture.

Feb162011_8090

I can’t believe we got everything to fit into Brendin’s luggage. I am sure we forgot something.

Feb162011_8095 copy     Feb162011_8097 copy

My last paparazzi moments with Brendin for at least 2 years. Unless I sneak down to Brazil. ha ha  Brendin has a cut on his hand from going boxing with his cousin Scotty Cox. It started to bleed again when we got out of the car. I could have looked for his first aid kit in his luggage but I was too afraid that I would not be able to get it back together again.

Feb162011_8098    Feb162011_8099

We ran into another missionary leaving at the same time for the MTC. He was also going to Brazil but in a different mission than Brendin.

Feb162011_8102    Feb162011_8104

Bye Brendin we love you …….Lots of prayers, hugs and kisses.

1 comment:

Fab Five said...

That must be so hard! I can't even imagine saying goodbye for two years to one of my boys but I still have some time. :) Congrats on the girl!