Saturday, November 3, 2012

A fresh start

Wow this is the longest time I have been away from my blog. I have kept up with my son Elder Crandalls blog but not with my own.  Once I get out of the habit of something it is really hard for me to get back into my routine again.

Just a few things that happened since I last posted I left off with my visit to my Dads house in California in February . While visiting my dad  Devin and Becca called me to let me know that they were pregnant with my 2nd grandbaby I was so happy about the news and now Becca is due any day now.

A few pictures of our trip to Idaho to visit with Dustin and Melissa and our granddaughter Ella. This was the end of March first of April we stayed at Doug's sisters Denise’s house.

Idaho April 038 

Idaho April 014 copy

Idaho April 033

Idaho April 122 Idaho April 073

Then there was the big 80th birthday party for Dougs mom Dorene. My job was to put together a book for Dorene for her birthday and also make a lot of big posters for the wall of the church for decoration.   There was a section for every one of her kids and their families. Dave, Cheryl, Jeff, Doug, Denise and  Craig. Hear is our page in the book.

12x12  with 3 4x4 dustin devin brian copy

12x12  with 3 4x4 dustin devin brian copy

IndigoDesigns_Photomask_Template_freebie3

Picture of Doug and I when we got married.

                              doug and denene wedding 002 copy

Photo of Dorenes family.

070410_1353 copy8x10fix

The Big 80th Birthday party for Dorene she was so surprised she had no idea what was about to go on for her birthday. Her husband Dave put it on and he asked all her kids to be in charge of different things and it all turned out great. What a party…. it will be a nice memory for all the family.

106890191125918524_nt0GazC6_fwheel2

They first lead her in she had a mask on so she didn’t know what was going on.

IMG_7223

She was so surprised.  We took family pictures. Dougs cousin Julie took all the photos for the party.

Frames #5 template

IMG_1128

I also put together a birthday book with all the photos from the party.

Dorene 80th

Dorene 80th 2

We had a dinner and while we were eating we watched a slideshow of Dorenes life from beginning to 2012. Dorene has  a very talented family. All of her kids and grandkids put together a life sketch through music and dance.

IMG_1196      IMG_1202   IMG_1213

IMG_1205

Her grand daughter Mallory is an actress and sang a song from a play that she was in where she played Dorothy from the wizard of OZ. She sang, Some were over the rainbow. One of Dorenes favorite songs. I can’t remember the other songs but all the girls have beautiful voices. It was so good that you would want to pay money to see them that is how good it was.

IMG_1232 IMG_1281

IMG_1497 IMG_1358

Paul learned to play the piano just for Maddison when she was in the distinguished young women's pageant and won a couple of years ago.

IMG_1355

Jeff's wife Julie and their girls sang boogie woogie bugle boy accompany me. Her sons played the guitars, piano, and brass instruments . Her daughter in-law played the electric guitar and Dougs brother Craig played the drums. Craig was in a band when Doug and I were first married. Everyone played really well. It was so cool to be a part of that night.

IMG_1268

IMG_1243

IMG_1257      IMG_1260

great grand kids sang a song I'm an Old Cowhand from the Rio Grande

IMG_1344

Denise’s husband Paul sang a Elvis song and Denise and Cheryl were Vegas girls.

IMG_1309

IMG_1298IMG_1315IMG_1329

Jeff, Doug, Dave, Craig sang disco songs.

IMG_1381IMG_1387IMG_1386

IMG_1396

More dancing and singing from grand kids.

IMG_1413

IMG_1472

IMG_1442

IMG_1476

IMG_1501

You can tell Devin is having a good time.

IMG_1507

We all got up and sang the last song together for Dorene.

IMG_1538

IMG_1539

Dave spoke and then Dorene did and then we celebrated with cake and goodies.

IMG_1602IMG_1577IMG_1630

IMG_1570

IMG_1617IMG_1620

Tradition in Doug's family is to sing a Dutch birthday song after we sing happy Birthday.

IMG_1623IMG_1636IMG_1635

My posters that I made.

IMG_1009

Part 2 coming soon.

No comments: