I was able to fly down to California to visit my dad and Raila last week.
My brother Aaron flew down also we both flew into the LAX airport and we shared a rental car together. Aaron flew all day with out any food except for a candy bar so stopped at a Carl’s Jr. on the way to my dads house. One thing off of his bucket list. in n out burger was also on the list . Aaron took us all out to outback steakhouse one night so we did a lot of eating while we were there. Fun but not so great on the LBs.
We took a few pictures before church.
we did a lot of going over my dads story and looking at old pictures.
This one is my dad when he was young with his dad and maybe my dads uncle looking for gold. My grandpas favorite hobby.
My dad and his sisters and my grandma and grandpa Leavitt when they were young.
Aaron and I took a trip to our old house and went to all of out old Schools and places we use to go to and see what it as like now and if our memories were the same as we remembered. We stopped at Aarons high school first. He went to a different school than the one Jared and I went too. Aaron was senior class president and this was the senior court yard were all the seniors hung out and were Aaron had lunch.
We both went to the same Jr. High. We measured the miles from our house to the school that we walked to to see how many miles it was and it was jut 1 mile from our house to school for grade school and Jr. high and about a mile and a half to my High school. We noticed that they changed our mascot from a cobra to a bobcat. The Jr. high was brand new when I went there and I was only there for 8th grade. We noticed that they took out all the lockers. I had to take pictures over the fence. I think they came out pretty good for not being able to see what I was taking.
Our old elementary school. Aaron went here from kindergarten up and I started going here from 3rd grade up.
I remember eating lunch here and my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
playing tetherball was my favorite and the rings (like monkey bars but they were different size rings instead of bars.) but they took those out. I think they were very dangerous. My 5th grade class door.
My High School. Changed a lot. but they still have the lockers mine was in the middle. The court yard is a lot different. The blue windows is our cafeteria.
football field and bleachers pretty much the same.
Church that we went to growing up.
My first job I was the hostess.
our house that we grew up in. My dad added the bricks in front of the grass. I blocked out our address because I am paranoid.
in the back yard we had an avocado tree you can see it behind the roof. One year I decided to tie red ribbons on all of the avocadoes on the tree it looked very pretty. our neighbor like it. Our house was build on a avocado farm and all the houses in the neighborhood had one or two avocado trees in their yards. One year we had the metal detector out and we found a old tractor seat in our yard.
We spent most of our days in the yard with all the other kids in the neighbor hood. Even at night some times we would have our telescope out and everyone in the neighbor hood would come and look at the moon and stars. Good memories of the 4th of July everyone had their fireworks out all down the street. Going around the neighborhood for Halloween. My girl scout leader was at the end of the street.
one end of the street to the other end. I don’t think we had as many cars in the street when we were young we played a lot of kick ball and base ball in this street. Lots of water fights and we had a slip and slide on the grass where I am sitting.
Aaron and I also went to the beach. I don’t know these girls but I liked the seaweed.
I liked the cactus with the white firecracker things coming out from them.
not the best look for me but I like the look of the pier from down below.
we saw a seal from the top of the pier.
I also got to visit my friend Lisa for a day. I didn’t take any pictures of us we just took a lot of time talking and then we had to go. It was fun to catch up with her and her sister Leslie.
No comments:
Post a Comment