Starting with my trip to Tulsa Oklahoma. I left on May 5th and came home on May 14th from Florida. All most a year ago my cousins invited me to go to their sisters get-together that they do once a year. I was so excited to go, I haven't seen some of them for over 30 years. When I was young my mom would always drive me over to there house to play or they would come over to our house. Growing up with all brothers it was so nice to have girl cousins. Our holidays are filled with memories of our relatives and playing with my cousins. I am really grateful for those fun times that we had together. My cousins moved away when I was 16 the same year that my mom died. In those days there wasn’t any face book or internet to keep track of anyone. Long distance phone calls were very expensive so it was easy to not know what was going on with your long distance cousins. Especially if you are a bad letter writer. It was so nice to reconnect and visit in person with them. This is my dads sisters family there are 7 kids in the family starting with Mike, Judie, Linda, Deanna, Pattie, Bobbie ( who is Bob now I keep forgetting.) and Becky.
Me Deanna Judie Pattie Linda
I am between Deanna and Pattie in age and are the ones that I played the most with. Judie and Linda were always nice to me and I would look up to them growing up. Can you tell that I photoshoped myself in? ha ha not the best Photoshop but it works. Below is the cabin that we stayed in. To bad Becky couldn’t come we missed her.
The bathroom was indoors so we didn’t have to go out side like most campers. It was a very nice place. This was at Robbers Cave State Park in Oklahoma. My Cousin Linda found this place her family would go her on vacation. It is about 7 hour car ride from her house in Texas. We did a lot of hiking around the park. Our firs hike was up to the Robbers cave. They had Yellow dots on all the trees to show the trail and it went up and around back to were you started from. Below is a picture of the beginning of the hike with Judie and Linda.
This is what it was like to hike up big rocks but really not that bad of a hike. Can you see Judie among these big rocks?
There is a nice spot in the middle of the hike were you can sit down and look over the valley below.
It was sunny and nice very little bugs flying around just very pleasant. I kept thinking of Doug at home in the cold rainy weather that we had back home wishing I could send him home some sunshine. I will post some of my favorite scenery pictures later.
The next day Linda Judie and I decided to go on another hike on a different trail. we fallowed the blue dots on the trees instead of the yellow dots that we fallowed around Robbers cave trail. It was supposed to be a little 2 mile hike that took us five hours to complete because we got lost. After a lot of prayers to help us find our way out we figured out that 2 blue dots meant a different trail and a blue and yellow dot was another trail we started out fallowing a single blue dot so we fallowed that back to were we started. It is really a long story but that is it in a short version. I think I will always make sure I have water and a cell phone from now on no mater how short and easy I think the trail is. We were at total exhaustion not knowing if we were going to make it towards the end. Really though couldn’t they invest in a different color spray paint can for the different trails or at leas mark it 1 or 2 something besides blue dots for the different trails. We were so glad to get back to our place and Deanna and Pattie were nice enough to make lunch for us we could hardly move after that.
Some other fun and relaxing things that we did was to bring our chairs from the cabin out side under the shade tree. It was so nice to sit out there in the sunshine and cool breeze.
There was paddle boating also, and put put golf. We planed on going golfing but ran out of time.We did go into the small town of Wilburton to eat one day. The only good restaurant was a Mexican restaurant and their food was really good. There really wasn’t any shopping places around but we went to one garage sale while we were out and an antique store, and meet some of the locals but that was about all the excitement that there was out side of our little park area. Linda planed and made a lot of our meals and I think Deanna and Patti made a few of them also. We were so grateful for that because there really wasn’t anywhere to go out to eat. The dinners that they made were delicious and we were all asking for the recipes.
A few of my favorite pictures from my trip.
I have some pretty fun cousins to hang out with, too bad we all live all over the united states. I will post more scenery pictures later and my trip to Aarons house.
I also picked up Alex and Alea from the airport today, it sounded like they had a pretty fun and adventures trip.
1 comment:
Sisters are a gift... girl cousins a great stand-in ; )
Good for you for adventuring with the girls!
Post a Comment