Saturday, March 5, 2011

Flower and Garden Show

I went to the flower and garden show last week. I didn’t think I was going to be able to go this year but Doug got me tickets from KING 5 TV station. It was so nice to go. It gets you excited for spring and you forget all about winter. I stepped out of the wind, snow, cold, and gloom into a brightly lit, warm room with beautiful flowers that smell so good. The sweet smell of flowers hits you hard as you walk into the room. I love it. Such good medicine for me. I can’t help but to take pictures…It’s what I do. ha ha

can you smell it?… If only we could.Feb242011_8122

Feb242011_8123 Feb242011_8199

Feb242011_8127 Feb242011_8203

This little shed was my favorite of the show.

Feb242011_8128

Feb242011_8124

Feb242011_8129

Feb242011_8135 copy

Feb242011_8136 copy2

Feb242011_8139

Feb242011_8142

I liked the glass sculptures in the garden. They are so pretty.

Feb242011_8143 Feb242011_8147

The big thing this year was plants growing on roofs and walls.

Feb242011_8146

Two theme gardens this one is Alice in wonderland. They had the 3 pigs also but I didn’t post pictures of that one.

Feb242011_8151

There is a rabbit in the cage, and pink flamingos.

Feb242011_8153

Feb242011_8155

Feb242011_8156 Feb242011_8158

Feb242011_8162

Feb242011_8164

Feb242011_8165

This is a toad stool table and stools surrounded by lettuce. It was really cool in person.

Feb242011_8169 copy

Feb242011_8170

Feb242011_8206

a little town in a pot.

Feb242011_8214

Feb242011_8216 copy

view from the Seattle convention center.

Feb242011_8211

Feb242011_8212 Feb242011_8215

This was very clever and funky at the same time. I loved the dolls, and flower bed.

Feb242011_8219

Feb242011_8220

Feb242011_8226

Feb242011_8221 Feb242011_8217

Feb242011_8227 Feb242011_8230

Great fun.

2 comments:

Fab Five said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like fun!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing a breath of Spring!