Friday, December 3, 2010

Photos of Kauai

Doug and I had the opportunity to go to Hawaii in November just before Thanksgiving. One of the radio stations put the trip together. Doug earned enough points for the trip. We decided this is our 25th wedding anniversary celebration 3 years late. We have been married for 28 years now. We were not able to do anything for our 25th anniversary so it was nice to be able to spend some time together in a nice warm sunny place like Hawaii. We had a direct flight from Seattle to Kauai so that made it nice.
I don't have my kid to take a million pictures of so I did the next best thing and photographed the creatures around us. The birds with the red heads were really fun. There were 2 of them and they liked eating the Cheerios that fell from the table on our balcony. The dove also liked visiting us, as well as the gecko. I knew Brian would like a picture of him and the frogs.

The chickens and Roosters roam wild. They are everywhere.
While Doug was out surfing I went to the hotel next to ours to photograph pictures of the flowers. Their gardens were spectacular. They had 4 pools and 2 water falls and lots of birds. So I had a fun time taking pictures and walking around. Our place had some nice Flowers also.

We had one day were it was cloudy all day so we drove to another beach that had some cool trees with their roots hanging out of the sand.
The plants below our balcony.


Inside our place
The out side of our place in the reflection of the pond.
Doug barbecued every night. We didn't go out to dinner because of my diet that I am on. We went to the grocery store and got the things that I needed for my diet and Doug got some stakes and potatoes that he would have ordered at a restaurant anyway . It was very relaxing. Nice barbecue area. I took this picture from our balcony with my zoom lens. We would watch the fish swim around while we waited for our food to cook.


This is another beach we went too.





Doug made me nervous standing on the ledge. I'm glad the boys were not here they would have given me a heart attack.













This is back at our beach. Doug went snorkeling and I went a couple of times.


Can you find the sand crab in the picture below?

















This is another cloudy day. The sun was trying to poke out.



Doug trying to surf, but you need waves.





The view from our balcony with my zoom lense.

fake sunshine. We drove to see the falls. This was on the cloudy day that we drove around.



3 water falls but we could only see 2 from our angle.

We visited the place we took the boys to the year we all went to Hawaii.























Some one left this cool sand castle. I had to take a picture of it.






I wanted to see the light house but by the time we got there they closed the gate so you could not drive down to it. But I got to see it anyway. Good thing I had the Zoom lense on.



It is also a bird sancturary. There were so many whit birds along the cliffs.




One of the days we had a tropical storm. It really dumped water. Nothing like Seattles little misty rain. An unbrella would not have kepped you dry in this stuff. But it was still 80 degrees so Im sure it would have been ok to get wet.










Some cool plants.
















A vew of the sunset from our place.

2 comments:

Fab Five said...

I love Kuaui! Looks like an awesome vacation!

Stephanie said...

So jealous... thanks for sharing this bit of paradise!