Monday, March 22, 2010

March 21st I turned double 25

It is really hard for me to say that I am 50. Wow were did the time go. I remember the time that I thought that 50 was ancient. Well it is really old but when I am 60 of 70 I will think that 50 wasn't so bad. That is if I make it to 60 or 70. I had to renew my passport and the picture that I had from 10 years ago wasn't that bad and looks so different than my current picture. I wish I could just use the one from 10 years ago. ha ha. This picture Brendin took on Sunday on my birthday. Doug made me a special dinner of steak and potato and salad. With strawberry shortcake for dessert with a big 50 candle on it. Saturday morning was our stake service day. I fixed the bulletin boards in are building and I helped put hospital kits for kids together. Doug went and planted trees. I had to walk home from the church because my activity was over before anyone else. I should have put on better shoes that day. Doug and I went down to the lake for lunch and hung out and watched a bunch of scouts learn what to do if their canoe tips over. It was a nice sunny day and was very relaxing not having to be on a schedule. Saturday night Doug threw me a surprise party. I had a lot of friends and family that came. It was really nice to visit with them. Brian made hamburgers and Dorene made her famous salad.
Brendin took pictures but he only took 4 for the night and forgot to get a picture of the friends.
Carol Gates brought me a birthday cake.










I got some new walking shoes and some flowers and a balloon for my birthday.


I got a call from my family and Dustin. Devin and Becca called and sang happy birthday to me. Brian sang a dutch birthday song to me Saturday night in front of everyone. It was a nice birthday weekend.

No comments: