Saturday, June 27, 2009

Youth Conference

Youth Conference shirts with missionary name badge. Pretty handsome kid.


Youth Conference was from Wednesday to Friday. The them was We Believe. It was a missionary them. The camp was to be like the MTC. Brendin got his mission call to Perth Australia before he went to camp. They had missionary name tags and tee shirts with lapels and a tie printed on the front. They had lots of speakers talking about missionary work and lots of games. Doug and I were in charge of the relay race the first day, and on Thursday we were in charge of the archery. We had really good food at camp, and now I will spend the next 2 months getting it off of me. Picture at top is Lesly Blakely with the bike relay. You had to get your back pack take out a scarf and gloves, put on a bike helmet and ride through an obstacle course switch with your companion at the top and race back. Anita had an exercise race against time course set up were Brendin is, and then we were just below them. Other things were going on but this is all that I got to see.


Doug caring Spencer Calvert to show how to carry their companion on their back and then they had to switch.















It was cold, windy and rainy with a few spots of sunshine.






Brendin's district.







Nate Munk was Brendin's companion. Tj. had to work, so he was not at camp.





















































This is at Anita's exercise race.














This is the only picture I took of camp. I should have taken more but we were to busy with all the activities that we were going on.


Thursday was archery. We put up balloons for the kids to try and pop with the arrows.




























































Getting the balloons ready for the archers.














Brother Lopez teaching the kids.


















Brendin's friend Brenna was the only one who shot the arrow so far and high that it took 3 people to get it down.


























I was not sitting the whole time like this picture looks like, I was listening to the speaker. We had Antonio Lopez talk about missionary work and he tied it into archery. It was really cold and rainy that day . Nice June weather. ha ha

No comments: