Pasco is about a 4 hour drive for us so it was nice to stop and play. It was a nice sunny day and we were loving the relief from all the cold and cloudy weather we were having at home.
Our friends brought their ATV's and we had ours so we were looking forward to a nice time together.


A lot of farming going on around this part of the state.
We had just unloaded our ATV's off the truck and Steve and Doug took off. Kaylin was on her ATV when a sheriff stopped and said to her don't even think about it. She said what? he repeated himself and then added if you turn that on with out your helmet on I have to write you up a ticket. She said I was just seeing if it would start. She was not planing on riding it just then.
Then we noticed 3 other sheriff trucks circling around us. Each truck had 2 sheriffs in each truck. I asked what was going on and he said some 20 year old kid had robed the convenience store down the street of a lot of money. Then later he sent his friend to the same store to get something to eat because they were camping at the ATV spot that we were at. The lady at the store recognized the kids and called the police, and they arrested him. Anyway the sheriff's were still hanging around there looking for trouble, and I guess we looked like troublemakers. ha ha.
Then Kaylin's husband Steve was coming back from the porta potty very slowly (you can see it in the picture) and the sheriff in the passenger seat was really excited to see some one with out his helmet on, he said to the sheriff talking to us " look, Look he doesn't have a helmet on" in which the sheriff in the driver seat who was talking to us begins happily to write up a ticket. Steve just barley got off of our truck and went 20 feet to the porta potty on his ATV with out his helmet on because he was planing on coming back to the truck to put it on. Then the sheriff gets out a circles around the ATV's to see if he can find any thing else that he could write a ticket for but was really disappointed that our tabs were up to date and that we had flags on our ATV's
Then the sheriffs from the other 3 trucks come running out saying are you writing him up for not wearing his helmet? and another one said is there tabs up to date?
Man I felt like I was in a sake pit. We had all these Sheriffs circling around us looking to strike.
Doug never came back while all of this was going on. I figured he saw the sheriff and decided to wait until they were gone.
This part of the state is a lot dryer. I haven't seen any trees like this were we live.
After the sheriffs left Doug comes back and takes off his helmet and just stands there and I am looking at him and Finlay I ask what happened to your face?Doug said that he was driving his ATV maybe a little to fast and then he saw that the sand just
dropped off and he tried to stop but the ATV threw him over the handle bars and then preceded to run over his back and face. Luckily he was wearing his helmet. But you can see the tire marks on his face. Then he thought I am feeling OK. So he and Steve went out again.
They came back about 15 minuets later and Doug gets off his ATV and is holding his chest and not walking very good. I ask now what happened. He said that they were driving along not going as fast as last time but he got to some part of the sand, and the sand gave away and the front of the ATV hit a pit and stopped him abruptly and threw him into the handle bars and he hit his chest and then his crotch. His face has since healed but his chest is still sore and his shoulder also. when he went to help lift the ATV's into the truck he could not because his shoulder was too sore. So Kaylin and I and Steve had to help lift the ATV's into the truck.

No comments:
Post a Comment